Monday, June 02, 2008

Monsters, or whatever gets you through the night



Additional material for the things my child will be telling a therapist later in life:

Putting Clare to bed tonight, she says she's scared of what's under her bed...feigning ignorance, I ask her why she's scared of Princess Monopoly or "the cake game" (Clue Jr.). Not games mom! The monsters! Monsters under the bed.

Thinking fast, I tell her that when we bought the house we had a monster fence installed. And it makes a noise that only monsters can hear so it scares them away.

I asked her if she heard the noise. She looked at me all wide eyed and said no. I reply good, because if she heard the noise, that means she's a monster too!

Telling her to close her eyes because then the monsters won't be able to see her, I kiss her good night and tell her sweet dreams.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I have to smile b/c Monsters, Inc. is one of Son #3's favorite movies (he's 6). He'd watch it over and over and say he was "boo" (never mind the gender issues) and I was "kitty" (ditto).

Last night was the first night in a long time he's asked to watch that movie. He drew a picture of Boo (him) and Kitty (me, so he says). He drew a second picture of Randall and labeled it "Daddy". I had to laugh...do you remember the Big Fat Meanie Dad post of my blog a few months ago? Apparently, he still hasn't forgiven Dear Hubby for not letting him eat brownies and cookies for dinner. LOL

10 June, 2008 00:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home